Signup for our emails
WildEarth Guardians has the following job opening in our Santa Fe Office:
Start date: November 1, 2016
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
WildEarth Guardians is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual who is passionate about our mission to be our Bookkeeper / Executive Assistant. This position will assist with a wide variety of financial and administrative operations, extensive knowledge and experience with QuickBooks is required. WildEarth Guardians is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary with a generous benefit packet.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining State Applications for Charitable Exemptions in all states
- Assist with preparing and maintaining documents for job cost project billings
- General bookkeeping
- Entering donor contributions and vendor invoices into QuickBooks
- Preparing and disbursing payments to vendors
- Assist Financial Director with monthly preparation of bank reconciliations, financial statements and cost reports as needed
- Verify and maintain credit card receipts
- Assist with preparation of Board Packets
- Work with Financial Director to prepare information for annual audit, Form 990 and 1099’s
- Sort & distribute all daily incoming mail
- Answer phones and respond to website/email requests for information
- Data Base Support using Raiser's Edge
- Assist with mailings and special projects
- Coordinate volunteers
- Ensure office equipment is functioning properly
- Maintain sufficient supplies to support the office needs
- Solicit donations for events
- Event preparation and support
- Quick turn around on requests and project from Executive Director
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
- At least 5 years bookkeeping/administrative experience – Non Profit experience a plus
- At least 5 years QuickBooks experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), PowerPoint, and Google Docs
- Razors Edge experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines while multi-tasking
- Self-directed and can prioritize
- Learns well by doing
- Love for nature and volunteering
- Positive “Can Do” attitude and personality
WorkKeys and ProveIt assessments are required to pre-qualify for this position.
The New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions is offering the WorkKeys® skill assessments to New Mexico job seekers at no charge. Call in advance at 505-827- 7434 to schedule your assessments. Please reference Job Order Number 396589.
All interested job seekers must first be registered with their local workforce connection at www.jobs.state.nm.us to have access to assessments.
To download a PDF version of this job posting click here.